Pride and prejudice
WHO is Denis Gryzlov to tell me that I cannot fly the flag of England when I feel like it (Letters, May 9)? He is, he says, a recent immigrant . Mr Gryzlov asserts that celebrating April 23 as a national day of England cannot be tolerated any more and s
WHO is Denis Gryzlov to tell me that I cannot fly the flag of England when I feel like it (Letters, May 9)? He is, he says, "a recent immigrant".
Mr Gryzlov asserts that celebrating April 23 as a national day of England "cannot be tolerated any more and should be eliminated". Strong words. Thank goodness we English are tolerant and do not condone elimination.
Most countries have a national day. Why shouldn't we? I wonder how many "recent immigrants" would get on trying to get the Irish to eliminate St Patrick's Day.
Mr Gryzlov goes on to say that we should build a new ideology as a major step towards British citizens' respect and support for immigrants.
You may also want to watch:
Our country already spends enormous resources and time translating our benefits system into all the multi-ethnic languages. We pay translators a day's expenses for 20 minutes' work in an NHS hospital consulting room or in a police station.
Mr Gryzlov insists that immigrants deserve better rights than they have now. We have already bent over backwards, but tell us what further rights you require and we will bend over even more to accommodate you.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 3 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 4 Day of action at Camp Beagle as protesters demand release of puppies
- 5 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 6 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 7 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 8 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Maddy's epic Channel swim will be 'powered by plants'
Ramsey St Mary's