Preview: Don’t spook the horse charity gig @ The Junction, June 15
TRIBUTE act to Neil Young, Don t Spook The Horse, plays a special date at The Junction in Cambridge next week. The band - vocals/guitars/harmonicas/mandolin, Brian Eade; vocals/guitars, Mark Fawcett; drums, Barry Wilson; bass, John Preston - is playing to
TRIBUTE act to Neil Young, Don't Spook The Horse, plays a special date at The Junction in Cambridge next week.
The band - vocals/guitars/harmonicas/mandolin, Brian Eade; vocals/guitars, Mark Fawcett; drums, Barry Wilson; bass, John Preston - is playing to support the Arts Therapies Department at Fulbourn Hospital where bassist John Preston has worked as a music therapist for five years. John says: "It grieves me to see 20 years of skilful, creative, pioneering work by my colleagues being dismantled by a swingeing 58 per cent cut to our service."
Expect a particularly passionate rendition of Neil's greatest works - from the acoustic classics, the country rock favourites to the no-holds-barred epic guitar solos and swirling feedback.
INFORMATION: Doors 7.30pm - enough time to make your way to the venue after England beat Trinidad and Tobago in their second World Cup match. What better way to celebrate?
You may also want to watch:
Tickets £10 in advance or £12 on the door. Box office, 01223 511511.
See: www.dontspookthehorse.co.uk www.junction.co.uk or www.cambsmh.nhs.uk
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 7 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 8 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital