Press on with A14 challenge
CONGRATULATIONS to Eileen Collier for pressing on with the challenge to the A14 Fen Drayton to Ellington road scheme ( Woman s road fight gaining momentum, April 30). The proposed road would be an environmental disaster for the residents of Brampton, bot
CONGRATULATIONS to Eileen Collier for pressing on with the challenge to the A14 Fen Drayton to Ellington road scheme ("Woman's road fight gaining momentum," April 30).
The proposed road would be an environmental disaster for the residents of Brampton, both current and future, and concerns to this effect expressed at various public consultation events staged by the Highways Agency have never been satisfactorily answered.
Our elected representatives from all the main parties, at local and national levels, have either failed to acknowledge this or have compromised Brampton's interests in their support for seriously flawed solutions that suggest, in some cases, that their loyalties are really elsewhere other than towards Brampton's residents.
Time is running out for exerting influence on a decision that is just too important to leave to those who would ride roughshod over our and our children's interest in pursuit of their own.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor