Press on with A14 challenge
CONGRATULATIONS to Eileen Collier for pressing on with the challenge to the A14 Fen Drayton to Ellington road scheme ( Woman s road fight gaining momentum, April 30). The proposed road would be an environmental disaster for the residents of Brampton, bot
CONGRATULATIONS to Eileen Collier for pressing on with the challenge to the A14 Fen Drayton to Ellington road scheme ("Woman's road fight gaining momentum," April 30).
The proposed road would be an environmental disaster for the residents of Brampton, both current and future, and concerns to this effect expressed at various public consultation events staged by the Highways Agency have never been satisfactorily answered.
Our elected representatives from all the main parties, at local and national levels, have either failed to acknowledge this or have compromised Brampton's interests in their support for seriously flawed solutions that suggest, in some cases, that their loyalties are really elsewhere other than towards Brampton's residents.
Time is running out for exerting influence on a decision that is just too important to leave to those who would ride roughshod over our and our children's interest in pursuit of their own.
- 1 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 2 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 3 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 4 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 5 Beagle puppies freed at MBR Acres after second day of action
- 6 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 7 Two lorries crashed on A14 near Spaldwick
- 8 Part of The Busway set for weekend closure with diversions near St Ives
- 9 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 10 Life sentence confirmed for Rikki Neave murderer