Press on with A14 challenge
CONGRATULATIONS to Eileen Collier for pressing on with the challenge to the A14 Fen Drayton to Ellington road scheme ( Woman s road fight gaining momentum, April 30). The proposed road would be an environmental disaster for the residents of Brampton, bot
CONGRATULATIONS to Eileen Collier for pressing on with the challenge to the A14 Fen Drayton to Ellington road scheme ("Woman's road fight gaining momentum," April 30).
The proposed road would be an environmental disaster for the residents of Brampton, both current and future, and concerns to this effect expressed at various public consultation events staged by the Highways Agency have never been satisfactorily answered.
Our elected representatives from all the main parties, at local and national levels, have either failed to acknowledge this or have compromised Brampton's interests in their support for seriously flawed solutions that suggest, in some cases, that their loyalties are really elsewhere other than towards Brampton's residents.
Time is running out for exerting influence on a decision that is just too important to leave to those who would ride roughshod over our and our children's interest in pursuit of their own.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic