Press on with A14 challenge
CONGRATULATIONS to Eileen Collier for pressing on with the challenge to the A14 Fen Drayton to Ellington road scheme ( Woman s road fight gaining momentum, April 30). The proposed road would be an environmental disaster for the residents of Brampton, bot
CONGRATULATIONS to Eileen Collier for pressing on with the challenge to the A14 Fen Drayton to Ellington road scheme ("Woman's road fight gaining momentum," April 30).
The proposed road would be an environmental disaster for the residents of Brampton, both current and future, and concerns to this effect expressed at various public consultation events staged by the Highways Agency have never been satisfactorily answered.
Our elected representatives from all the main parties, at local and national levels, have either failed to acknowledge this or have compromised Brampton's interests in their support for seriously flawed solutions that suggest, in some cases, that their loyalties are really elsewhere other than towards Brampton's residents.
Time is running out for exerting influence on a decision that is just too important to leave to those who would ride roughshod over our and our children's interest in pursuit of their own.
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 House set alight in Brampton
- 4 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 9 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 10 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000