Present and future
I USED my free bus pass to take me to the centre of Cambridge to do some Christmas shopping. Christmas is about children. So I thought I would look for some presents for my grandchildren. I knew what they were hoping for. Toys! So that is what I hoped to
I USED my free bus pass to take me to the centre of Cambridge to do some Christmas shopping. Christmas is about children. So I thought I would look for some presents for my grandchildren.
I knew what they were hoping for. Toys! So that is what I hoped to buy.
What I had not bargained for was all the toy shops in the middle of Cambridge had closed and now none were left.
I could imagine some modern day Scrooge saying "Christmas! Humbug! Only comes once a year. Not worth investing in. Close them all down, Let us have luxury leather shops instead." Christmas Present is a miserable affair.
But what about Christmas Future? In my dream I saw myself trying to visit Toys 'R Us in Bedford, travelling by bus and encountering all manners of problems. Listening to the talk on the bus, I became aware of the problems with local hospitals.
In my dream I saw Tiny Tim die in a vain attempt to reach hospital in time to save his life. Perhaps any moment now I would wake up and find that it was still possible to bring tears of happiness to Tiny Tim's face. If only!
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 3 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 6 House set alight in Brampton
- 7 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 8 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 9 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam