Present and future
I USED my free bus pass to take me to the centre of Cambridge to do some Christmas shopping. Christmas is about children. So I thought I would look for some presents for my grandchildren. I knew what they were hoping for. Toys! So that is what I hoped to
I USED my free bus pass to take me to the centre of Cambridge to do some Christmas shopping. Christmas is about children. So I thought I would look for some presents for my grandchildren.
I knew what they were hoping for. Toys! So that is what I hoped to buy.
What I had not bargained for was all the toy shops in the middle of Cambridge had closed and now none were left.
I could imagine some modern day Scrooge saying "Christmas! Humbug! Only comes once a year. Not worth investing in. Close them all down, Let us have luxury leather shops instead." Christmas Present is a miserable affair.
You may also want to watch:
But what about Christmas Future? In my dream I saw myself trying to visit Toys 'R Us in Bedford, travelling by bus and encountering all manners of problems. Listening to the talk on the bus, I became aware of the problems with local hospitals.
In my dream I saw Tiny Tim die in a vain attempt to reach hospital in time to save his life. Perhaps any moment now I would wake up and find that it was still possible to bring tears of happiness to Tiny Tim's face. If only!
- 1 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 4 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 5 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 6 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 7 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 8 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 9 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 10 Memories of St Neots' town centre