Prepared for the weather!
BADEN Powell always wanted his scouts to be prepared and the weather at the weekend gave the latest members an opportunity to test their skills and resolve as Huntingdonshire celebrated 100 years of scouting. More than 300 members of Cromwell District Sco
BADEN Powell always wanted his scouts to be prepared and the weather at the weekend gave the latest members an opportunity to test their skills and resolve as Huntingdonshire celebrated 100 years of scouting.
More than 300 members of Cromwell District Scouts played their part in the national celebrations - an attempt to have as many scouts as possible sleeping under canvass.
Children and young adults from Fenstanton, Ramsey, Earith, St Ives and everywhere in-between, spent the weekend at the Copley Scout Centre in St Ives and were among more than 200,000 scouts who took part in the sleep out.
The Huntingdonshire weekend also provided the participants - as well as the 100 younger children who spent the day at the camp - with a huge range of activities to try.
You may also want to watch:
As well as archery, canoeing, climbing, a night hike, rocket making, pioneering, and assault course, there was also the obligatory camp fire.
Across the world in 2007, the Centenary of Scouting is aiming to be the largest-ever example of youth co-operation - and one of the biggest global celebrations since the millennium.
- 1 'She would help anyone' - Tributes to much-loved Tegan Luff
- 2 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 3 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 4 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 5 'I will not be told what I can and cannot put on my son’s grave'
- 6 Fire service to conduct training exercise in Huntingdon
- 7 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 8 Ramsey golf challenge to raise money for charity
- 9 ‘Trial of the Huntingdon Nine’ re-told to mark museum’s re-opening
- 10 Huntingdon care home is offering dementia advice
INFORMATION: To find out more about scouting visit www.cambridgeshirescouts.org.uk