Premier Travel chief awarded for sector commitment
- Credit: Archant
Travel agent Premier Travel’s winning streak has continued after its chairman was honoured with a prestigious industry award.
Premier Travel Group chairman, Renford Sargent, has been awarded a lifetime achievement award at the annual Travel Weekly Agent Achievement Awards.
“To be honoured by my peers for this award is a highlight of my career. It is a double celebration for the whole of the Premier Group, as we continue to celebrate our 80th anniversary this year,” Mr Sargent said.
Mr Sargent has worked in the travel industry for 50 years, starting out as a trainee travel clerk for Premier in 1965 before becoming manager of the former Rose Crescent branch in Cambridge.
He climbed his way up the ladder to become group director in 1982.
You may also want to watch:
Along with Peter Andrews, Mr Sargeant bought the business in the mid-1980s and the pair remain the owners of the company, that has branches in Huntingdon, St Ives and St Neots.
The award was presented to Mr Sargent at a ceremony at London’s Park Plaza hotel earlier this month.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 5 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 'Glad to see an end to 2020' - Anne-Marie Hamilton
- 9 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 10 Police investigation closed into deaths of two men in Hunts village