Premier Travel chief awarded for sector commitment
- Credit: Archant
Travel agent Premier Travel’s winning streak has continued after its chairman was honoured with a prestigious industry award.
Premier Travel Group chairman, Renford Sargent, has been awarded a lifetime achievement award at the annual Travel Weekly Agent Achievement Awards.
“To be honoured by my peers for this award is a highlight of my career. It is a double celebration for the whole of the Premier Group, as we continue to celebrate our 80th anniversary this year,” Mr Sargent said.
Mr Sargent has worked in the travel industry for 50 years, starting out as a trainee travel clerk for Premier in 1965 before becoming manager of the former Rose Crescent branch in Cambridge.
He climbed his way up the ladder to become group director in 1982.
You may also want to watch:
Along with Peter Andrews, Mr Sargeant bought the business in the mid-1980s and the pair remain the owners of the company, that has branches in Huntingdon, St Ives and St Neots.
The award was presented to Mr Sargent at a ceremony at London’s Park Plaza hotel earlier this month.
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 5 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 6 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 Wildlife group wants to hear about grass snake sightings
- 10 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'