Pre-school rewarded for dedication
STAFF at a Sawtry pre-school have been recognised for their hard work and dedication after being nominated by the family of a child with cerebral palsy. During a ceremony at the Corn Exchange in Cambridge, Buttons and Bows Pre-school received a certificat
STAFF at a Sawtry pre-school have been recognised for their hard work and dedication after being nominated by the family of a child with cerebral palsy.
During a ceremony at the Corn Exchange in Cambridge, Buttons and Bows Pre-school received a certificate in the Way to Be awards for its outstanding contribution to education for all.
Julie Howells, manager of the pre-school, said "This is a fantastic achievement for our pre-school. It is very rewarding to be
commended for our ongoing commitment to provide an inclusive environment where independence, social skills and play opportunities enhance our children's development."
You may also want to watch:
The awards, which are countywide, recognise the hard work and dedication of local companies both big and small.
The pre-school was commended for its commitment to "enrich the lives of disabled people" and was nominated by the Cooper family, whose son Ross has mild cerebral palsy and attends the pre-school.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 6 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 Huntingdon business is first in UK to supply American craft beer
INFORMATION: The Buttons and Bows pre-school is based at the Old School Hall in Green End Road. Sessions run Monday to Friday from 9-11.30am or until noon for the Lunch Bunnies club. To find out more phone Chris Duncan on 01487 832110.
n Ofsted success- Page 27