Postbag: You’ve seen the light
THE Rotary Clubs of St Neots and St Neots St Mary s would like to thank all those members of the public who supported the Rotary Tree of Light appeal over the Christmas period. Thanks also go to The Hunts Post, Tax Assist Direct and the many other local b
THE Rotary Clubs of St Neots and St Neots St Mary's would like to thank all those members of the public who supported the Rotary Tree of Light appeal over the Christmas period.
Thanks also go to The Hunts Post, Tax Assist Direct and the many other local businesses in St Neots that kindly lent their support.
The fact that the messages were broadcast on the Web gave worldwide appeal, and the Rotary Clubs have been contacted by people in far-flung parts of the world who were delighted to see a personal message from friends or relatives displayed on the website, www.rotarytreeoflight.org.uk.
As a result of the clubs' efforts and the generosity of the public, just over £700 will be donated to the nominated charities - a splendid result considering this was the first year of the appeal. It will be run again this year from early November, and we hope the public will be as generous in their support again this year.
You may also want to watch:
MIKE TRUSWELL, On behalf of the Rotary Clubs of St Neots
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 3 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 8 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 9 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire