Postbag: Unhealthy attitude
COULD there be a better illustration of the institutional in-breeding and self-centredness of the NHS that is thwarting the efforts of many dedicated members to provide the quality of service that it is intended to provide, than your interview with Mr Bri
COULD there be a better illustration of the institutional in-breeding and self-centredness of the NHS that is thwarting the efforts of many dedicated members to provide the quality of service that it is intended to provide, than your interview with Mr Bridge and Dr Bilton? (January 4).
Healing is not simply a problem of ministering to the clinical aspects of a patient's condition, important as this is, but a very complex network of relationships, in which the support of family and friends is a vital element.
Dealing with this requires not adamantine passion but cool, rational analysis. The views against the move of Papworth into the already badly over-crowded city of Cambridge show this has not been done.
It is time that others took action to halt a merely "smart move" organised by a coterie of insiders, however much our gullible county council concurs.
You may also want to watch:
The folly of such action is exposed by the exorbitant fees Addenbrooke's is going to charge those whose support for its patients is an essential contribution to their recovery.
Lewis Stretch, Laroc Close, Godmanchester
- 1 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 4 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 5 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 6 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 7 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 10 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire