Postbag: Slow down
I WISH to add my disgust (Letters, January 11) to the way we all drive on our roads, with no respect for anyone. Something must be done to slow drivers down, especially on the A1198 between Godmanchester and Papworth, which will compel us all to be consid
I WISH to add my disgust (Letters, January 11) to the way we all drive on our roads, with no respect for anyone.
Something must be done to slow drivers down, especially on the A1198 between Godmanchester and Papworth, which will compel us all to be considerate, courteous and obey the Highway Code.
When I was driving along the A1198 to Papworth recently with my speed at 50mph, a lorry pulled up behind me and flashed his lights several times. I slowed down, only to find he wanted to overtake me, which he did on the brow of a hill with all his many lights on in full.
This foolish act could have resulted in many families losing more loved ones.
You may also want to watch:
I believe the speed limit from Papworth to Godmanchester should be 50mph. Where the Hilton and Graveley roads join the A1198 the speed limit should be 30mph with safety cameras in place. They would pay for themselves in a few months.
The London Road junction with the A1198 is a death trap. Many have been killed and severely injuried there, young and old, and I hope the person who was responsible for the present state of it has already been given their P45.
- 1 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 4 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 5 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 6 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 7 Free Covid testing kits now available at some pharmacies
- 8 Kimbolton business announces new CEO
- 9 Primary school earns Fairtrade status
- 10 Memories of St Neots' town centre
That death trap should have had traffic lights many years ago and, if someone wants a roundabout there, I hope it is made with some thought as drivers will go straight over it and there will be even more carnage. How many more must die?
VIV LANGE, Croftfield Road, Godmanchester