Postbag: Slow down
I WISH to add my disgust (Letters, January 11) to the way we all drive on our roads, with no respect for anyone. Something must be done to slow drivers down, especially on the A1198 between Godmanchester and Papworth, which will compel us all to be consid
I WISH to add my disgust (Letters, January 11) to the way we all drive on our roads, with no respect for anyone.
Something must be done to slow drivers down, especially on the A1198 between Godmanchester and Papworth, which will compel us all to be considerate, courteous and obey the Highway Code.
When I was driving along the A1198 to Papworth recently with my speed at 50mph, a lorry pulled up behind me and flashed his lights several times. I slowed down, only to find he wanted to overtake me, which he did on the brow of a hill with all his many lights on in full.
This foolish act could have resulted in many families losing more loved ones.
I believe the speed limit from Papworth to Godmanchester should be 50mph. Where the Hilton and Graveley roads join the A1198 the speed limit should be 30mph with safety cameras in place. They would pay for themselves in a few months.
The London Road junction with the A1198 is a death trap. Many have been killed and severely injuried there, young and old, and I hope the person who was responsible for the present state of it has already been given their P45.
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 6 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 7 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 8 Club of the Week: St Ives u3a who have celebrated their 10-year anniversary
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
That death trap should have had traffic lights many years ago and, if someone wants a roundabout there, I hope it is made with some thought as drivers will go straight over it and there will be even more carnage. How many more must die?
VIV LANGE, Croftfield Road, Godmanchester