Postbag: Slow down
I WISH to add my disgust (Letters, January 11) to the way we all drive on our roads, with no respect for anyone. Something must be done to slow drivers down, especially on the A1198 between Godmanchester and Papworth, which will compel us all to be consid
I WISH to add my disgust (Letters, January 11) to the way we all drive on our roads, with no respect for anyone.
Something must be done to slow drivers down, especially on the A1198 between Godmanchester and Papworth, which will compel us all to be considerate, courteous and obey the Highway Code.
When I was driving along the A1198 to Papworth recently with my speed at 50mph, a lorry pulled up behind me and flashed his lights several times. I slowed down, only to find he wanted to overtake me, which he did on the brow of a hill with all his many lights on in full.
This foolish act could have resulted in many families losing more loved ones.
You may also want to watch:
I believe the speed limit from Papworth to Godmanchester should be 50mph. Where the Hilton and Graveley roads join the A1198 the speed limit should be 30mph with safety cameras in place. They would pay for themselves in a few months.
The London Road junction with the A1198 is a death trap. Many have been killed and severely injuried there, young and old, and I hope the person who was responsible for the present state of it has already been given their P45.
- 1 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 3 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 4 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 5 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 6 Brampton's 'fantastic' village fete welcomes 4,000 revellers
- 7 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 8 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Leader champions Huntingdonshire as 'great place to live'
That death trap should have had traffic lights many years ago and, if someone wants a roundabout there, I hope it is made with some thought as drivers will go straight over it and there will be even more carnage. How many more must die?
VIV LANGE, Croftfield Road, Godmanchester