Postbag: Sign of the times
THE yobs who dumped a diversion road sign on the grass where Hawthorn Close joins High Street, Little Paxton, six weeks ago will be delighted to know that it is still there and that the grass beneath it is completely ruined. I have made three requests t
THE yobs who dumped a "diversion" road sign on the grass where Hawthorn Close joins High Street, Little Paxton, six weeks ago will be delighted to know that it is still there and that the grass beneath it is completely ruined.
I have made three requests to the highways department of Cambridgeshire County Council to have this nuisance removed to no avail and Huntingdonshire District Council declines to treat it as refuse.
Can any of your readers suggest a way of making the appropriate authority do its job? The sign is too heavy for me to lift, so I cannot take any direct action myself.
I wonder if our local MP would use his influence to get this nuisance removed.
You may also want to watch:
S R HEDGES, Hawthorn Close, Little Paxton
- 1 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 2 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 3 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 4 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 5 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 6 Plans for Ox-Cam Arc are 'pretty awful'
- 7 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 8 Nathan’s Go-Fund Me page raises more than £6,000 and family pay tribute
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl