Postbag: Sign of the times
THE yobs who dumped a diversion road sign on the grass where Hawthorn Close joins High Street, Little Paxton, six weeks ago will be delighted to know that it is still there and that the grass beneath it is completely ruined. I have made three requests t
THE yobs who dumped a "diversion" road sign on the grass where Hawthorn Close joins High Street, Little Paxton, six weeks ago will be delighted to know that it is still there and that the grass beneath it is completely ruined.
I have made three requests to the highways department of Cambridgeshire County Council to have this nuisance removed to no avail and Huntingdonshire District Council declines to treat it as refuse.
Can any of your readers suggest a way of making the appropriate authority do its job? The sign is too heavy for me to lift, so I cannot take any direct action myself.
I wonder if our local MP would use his influence to get this nuisance removed.
You may also want to watch:
S R HEDGES, Hawthorn Close, Little Paxton
- 1 Delays in Hartford due to crash between cyclist and motorist
- 2 Parking spaces so narrow that driver had to climb out the boot!
- 3 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 4 Have you seen Stevie the horse?
- 5 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 6 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 7 Historic St Ives former grammar school site set for houses after £1m sale
- 8 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 9 Petition launched to save school transport for special needs schools
- 10 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon