Postbag: JobCentre blow
ON behalf of the concerned citizens of St Neots I was disappointed to see your article celebrating the opening of JobCentre Plus in Huntingdon. This should, of course, be called JobCentre Minus. Your article was rubbing salt into the wound because of t
ON behalf of the concerned citizens of St Neots I was disappointed to see your article celebrating the opening of JobCentre Plus in Huntingdon. This should, of course, be called JobCentre Minus.
Your article was rubbing salt into the wound because of the loss to the town of St Neots of this important facility. This has caused grave problems for our citizens - some of whom are vulnerable and in need of greater support and help, not less.
First of all we lost our urban district council, then our magistrates' court, our social security office and lastly our jobcentre. As the largest town in Cambridgeshire this loss of facilities represents a failure on the part of those in authority in recognising the importance of this growing town.
I am sure that I speak on behalf of all town councillors that we will fight to recover these losses and for our town to receive the support that it deserves from all levels of government.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor PAT GREGORY, Mayor of St Neots
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 5 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 6 Bustling market town that had 64 pubs at one time
- 7 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 10 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed