Postbag: GP will be missed
I FEEL compelled to write to highlight what I and a lot of local people feel is an unjust decision to remove our local GP. The surgery in Little Paxton has been in the news on a regular basis lately and the patients have been involved in a successful camp
I FEEL compelled to write to highlight what I and a lot of local people feel is an unjust decision to remove our local GP.
The surgery in Little Paxton has been in the news on a regular basis lately and the patients have been involved in a successful campaign to save the surgery.
The surgery was being successfully run by Great Staughton practice after Dr Patel resigned and a new GP was appointed, namely Dr Max Berends. The practice has now been taken over by Buckden Surgery, who it was felt could best fulfil the needs of the patients.
I beg to differ after the way they have treated Dr Berends and consequently his patients. Dr Berends has been instrumental in rebuilding the confidence of the patients and also in helping with the Save Our Surgery campaign.
You may also want to watch:
After visiting the surgery last week I was dismayed to discover that Dr Berends was to leave our surgery on Friday. It is an injustice to this caring doctor and also to the patients of the Little Paxton surgery. The patients have not been given any opinion in this decision and this, I feel, is unfair to all concerned.
I have also written to Buckden Surgery to express my concerns, but I felt it was important to make my opinion public as I do not believe I am the only patient who feels let down by them and their decision to take away from our suregery Dr Max Berends whom we have grown to trust and respect and will be sorely missed.
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 5 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 6 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
Heather Asling, Gery Court, Eaton Socon