POST STRIKES: Cambs parents warned over school places deadline
PARENTS in Cambridgeshire who are applying for secondary school places for their children are being warned that the deadline – and more postal strikes – is looming. The deadline to submit for 2010 applications is midnight on November 6. But with more st
PARENTS in Cambridgeshire who are applying for secondary school places for their children are being warned that the deadline - and more postal strikes - is looming.
The deadline to submit for 2010 applications is midnight on November 6.
But with more strikes by Royal Mail workers due to take place and a backlog of letters and parcels expected, parents are being urged to complete the forms online.
The forms can be completed at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/admissions or can be obtained from primary schools and returned to the admissions team at Cambridgeshire County Council.
Completed application forms can also be handed in to primary school and sent to CCC via its internal courier system, which is not affected by the postal strike.
Parents of children in Cambridgeshire due to start primary school in September 2010 have until December 4 to submit their applications for places.
- 1 Missing woman back home
- 2 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 3 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 6 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 7 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 8 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
This process is the same.
INFORMATION: Contact the admissions team at CCC on 01223 699200 or 699662.