POST STRIKES: Cambs parents warned over school places deadline
PARENTS in Cambridgeshire who are applying for secondary school places for their children are being warned that the deadline – and more postal strikes – is looming. The deadline to submit for 2010 applications is midnight on November 6. But with more st
PARENTS in Cambridgeshire who are applying for secondary school places for their children are being warned that the deadline - and more postal strikes - is looming.
The deadline to submit for 2010 applications is midnight on November 6.
But with more strikes by Royal Mail workers due to take place and a backlog of letters and parcels expected, parents are being urged to complete the forms online.
The forms can be completed at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/admissions or can be obtained from primary schools and returned to the admissions team at Cambridgeshire County Council.
You may also want to watch:
Completed application forms can also be handed in to primary school and sent to CCC via its internal courier system, which is not affected by the postal strike.
Parents of children in Cambridgeshire due to start primary school in September 2010 have until December 4 to submit their applications for places.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 10 More Readers' Photos for this week
This process is the same.
INFORMATION: Contact the admissions team at CCC on 01223 699200 or 699662.