POST STRIKES: Cambs parents warned over school places deadline
PARENTS in Cambridgeshire who are applying for secondary school places for their children are being warned that the deadline – and more postal strikes – is looming. The deadline to submit for 2010 applications is midnight on November 6. But with more st
PARENTS in Cambridgeshire who are applying for secondary school places for their children are being warned that the deadline - and more postal strikes - is looming.
The deadline to submit for 2010 applications is midnight on November 6.
But with more strikes by Royal Mail workers due to take place and a backlog of letters and parcels expected, parents are being urged to complete the forms online.
The forms can be completed at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/admissions or can be obtained from primary schools and returned to the admissions team at Cambridgeshire County Council.
You may also want to watch:
Completed application forms can also be handed in to primary school and sent to CCC via its internal courier system, which is not affected by the postal strike.
Parents of children in Cambridgeshire due to start primary school in September 2010 have until December 4 to submit their applications for places.
- 1 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 4 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 5 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 6 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Plea to hold a Macmillan Coffee Morning as sign-ups drop
- 9 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 10 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
This process is the same.
INFORMATION: Contact the admissions team at CCC on 01223 699200 or 699662.