Possible checks for the headstones deemed unsafe at Little Paxton
HEADSTONES at Little Paxton Cemetery could be unsafe, according to a study by the parish council. Safety notices have been put on display at the cemetery and the council is seeking permission from the Diocese of Ely to have all the memorials individually
HEADSTONES at Little Paxton Cemetery could be unsafe, according to a study by the parish council.
Safety notices have been put on display at the cemetery and the council is seeking permission from the Diocese of Ely to have all the memorials individually checked.
If work is required to make them safe, the owners will be duly contacted.
Parish clerk, Jenny Gellatly, said: "We know this may be a very distressing for the relatives and visitors to the cemetery. I would stress that the parish council has no intention of laying flat any headstone or having stakes inserted behind them. We will work closely with the memorial owners to ensure all remedial work is carried out quickly and with as little upset as possible."
You may also want to watch:
Visitors to the cemetary are asked not to touch the memorial headstones.
INFORMATION: Contact the parish clerk, Jenny Gellatly, 11 Hayling Avenue, Little Paxton. St Neots PE19 6HG. Telephone 01480 470193.
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 5 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 6 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 7 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 8 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 9 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31