Poor parking outside Hunts schools
FURTHER examples of parents parking inconsiderately outside schools have been highlighted by Hunts Post readers. Last week we ran an article where motorists were slammed for upsetting residents and endangering children s lives by parking irresponsibly an
FURTHER examples of parents parking inconsiderately outside schools have been highlighted by Hunts Post readers.
Last week we ran an article where motorists were slammed for upsetting residents and endangering children's lives by parking irresponsibly and illegally near to schools.
This included parents blocking driveways, bus stops, school gates and parking on yellow lines.
The problem is said to be happening across the county but was highlighted at Wheatfields Primary School in St Ives where governors described it as a "constant problem".
You may also want to watch:
In response to the article, people have contacted the Hunts Post highlighting other examples of reckless parking near to schools.
One reader emailed a photograph taken near to Thorndown School in St Ives.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 3 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 8 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 9 Man from Alconbury sentenced for sexual assault
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
Describing the image, he said: "This is a bus stop perhaps 600 yards away from Thorndown School. When a bus comes there is no way it can stop at the bus stop, so it has to pick up 30-40yards further down the road. This is not good during winter months when the elderly have to walk from the shelter to the bus."
Fred Shaw contacted the Hunts Post to air his concerns about parking near to the Huntingdon schools.
He said: "Living in the Coldhams area of Huntingdon, I am very much aware of the problems arising with the dropping off of children at Hartford School, but worse is the parking outside Spring Common School in American Lane, combined with its use as a rat-run.
"Drivers exiting Coldhams North are unable to see clearly either way and those on American Lane unable to see opposing traffic on the sharp bend until too late - a serious accident waiting to happen. Some urgent action is required.