Police warn of car tyre vandals
VANDALS have been puncturing car tyres in the Headlands area of Fenstanton by leaving nails behind the vehicles. The latest incident was suffered by the driver of a Renault Laguna, after a nail was believed to have been left behind the vehicle on Sunday,
VANDALS have been puncturing car tyres in the Headlands area of Fenstanton by leaving nails behind the vehicles.
The latest incident was suffered by the driver of a Renault Laguna, after a nail was believed to have been left behind the vehicle on Sunday, February 25.
When he moved the car the next day, he drove over the nail causing his tyre to puncture.
Police said the man spoke to neighbours about the incident and discovered many had also experienced similar problems. Officers have warned drivers in the area to be vigilant and to check around their vehicles prior to driving.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Joel Finney, said: "This behaviour is irresponsible and criminal. Although the damage caused to the vehicles is not extensive, it leaves drivers with the expense and inconvenience of having to change a tyre.
"I would urge residents to keep an eye out for unusual or suspicious behaviour and to report any incidents of this nature to the police."
- 1 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 4 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 5 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 6 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 7 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 8 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic
- 9 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 10 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
INFORMATION: Call 0845 4564564, or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.