Police warn of car tyre vandals
VANDALS have been puncturing car tyres in the Headlands area of Fenstanton by leaving nails behind the vehicles. The latest incident was suffered by the driver of a Renault Laguna, after a nail was believed to have been left behind the vehicle on Sunday,
VANDALS have been puncturing car tyres in the Headlands area of Fenstanton by leaving nails behind the vehicles.
The latest incident was suffered by the driver of a Renault Laguna, after a nail was believed to have been left behind the vehicle on Sunday, February 25.
When he moved the car the next day, he drove over the nail causing his tyre to puncture.
Police said the man spoke to neighbours about the incident and discovered many had also experienced similar problems. Officers have warned drivers in the area to be vigilant and to check around their vehicles prior to driving.
Pc Joel Finney, said: "This behaviour is irresponsible and criminal. Although the damage caused to the vehicles is not extensive, it leaves drivers with the expense and inconvenience of having to change a tyre.
"I would urge residents to keep an eye out for unusual or suspicious behaviour and to report any incidents of this nature to the police."
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 5 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 6 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 9 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 10 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
INFORMATION: Call 0845 4564564, or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.