Police warn of car tyre vandals
VANDALS have been puncturing car tyres in the Headlands area of Fenstanton by leaving nails behind the vehicles. The latest incident was suffered by the driver of a Renault Laguna, after a nail was believed to have been left behind the vehicle on Sunday,
VANDALS have been puncturing car tyres in the Headlands area of Fenstanton by leaving nails behind the vehicles.
The latest incident was suffered by the driver of a Renault Laguna, after a nail was believed to have been left behind the vehicle on Sunday, February 25.
When he moved the car the next day, he drove over the nail causing his tyre to puncture.
Police said the man spoke to neighbours about the incident and discovered many had also experienced similar problems. Officers have warned drivers in the area to be vigilant and to check around their vehicles prior to driving.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Joel Finney, said: "This behaviour is irresponsible and criminal. Although the damage caused to the vehicles is not extensive, it leaves drivers with the expense and inconvenience of having to change a tyre.
"I would urge residents to keep an eye out for unusual or suspicious behaviour and to report any incidents of this nature to the police."
- 1 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 2 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
INFORMATION: Call 0845 4564564, or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.