Police up-beat on crime offices
RAMSEY police station can now boast one of the best scenes of crime offices in the country after the completion of the station s refurbishment. The building in Blenheim Road was originally a police house attached to the magistrates court and dates back f
RAMSEY police station can now boast one of the best scenes of crime offices in the country after the completion of the station's refurbishment.
The building in Blenheim Road was originally a police house attached to the magistrates' court and dates back from the 1980s.
Refurbishment work began in 2004 after a building survey showed the station was in need of repair.
The exterior of the building has now been repaired to make it waterproof, and the interior of the building has been updated to include disabled facilities, a new scenes of crime office, an interview room, and other general improvements.
You may also want to watch:
The refurbishment has also provided more space, and a burglary team is now based at the station.
There are also now individual interview rooms, so visitors can have privacy when speaking to officers.
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 3 Village job club providing vital service
- 4 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 5 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 6 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 7 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 8 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 9 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
Acting deputy chief constable John Feavyour said: "The newly refurbished police station will not only benefit the people of Ramsey, but also people across the whole division.