Police up-beat on crime offices
RAMSEY police station can now boast one of the best scenes of crime offices in the country after the completion of the station s refurbishment. The building in Blenheim Road was originally a police house attached to the magistrates court and dates back f
RAMSEY police station can now boast one of the best scenes of crime offices in the country after the completion of the station's refurbishment.
The building in Blenheim Road was originally a police house attached to the magistrates' court and dates back from the 1980s.
Refurbishment work began in 2004 after a building survey showed the station was in need of repair.
The exterior of the building has now been repaired to make it waterproof, and the interior of the building has been updated to include disabled facilities, a new scenes of crime office, an interview room, and other general improvements.
The refurbishment has also provided more space, and a burglary team is now based at the station.
There are also now individual interview rooms, so visitors can have privacy when speaking to officers.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 6 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 7 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 8 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
Acting deputy chief constable John Feavyour said: "The newly refurbished police station will not only benefit the people of Ramsey, but also people across the whole division.