Police up-beat on crime offices
RAMSEY police station can now boast one of the best scenes of crime offices in the country after the completion of the station s refurbishment. The building in Blenheim Road was originally a police house attached to the magistrates court and dates back f
RAMSEY police station can now boast one of the best scenes of crime offices in the country after the completion of the station's refurbishment.
The building in Blenheim Road was originally a police house attached to the magistrates' court and dates back from the 1980s.
Refurbishment work began in 2004 after a building survey showed the station was in need of repair.
The exterior of the building has now been repaired to make it waterproof, and the interior of the building has been updated to include disabled facilities, a new scenes of crime office, an interview room, and other general improvements.
You may also want to watch:
The refurbishment has also provided more space, and a burglary team is now based at the station.
There are also now individual interview rooms, so visitors can have privacy when speaking to officers.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 4 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 5 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 6 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 9 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
Acting deputy chief constable John Feavyour said: "The newly refurbished police station will not only benefit the people of Ramsey, but also people across the whole division.