Police to target lead roof thefts
POLICE patrols are to be stepped up in three villages after more than £48,000 worth of lead was stolen from church roofs since the start of the year. Since January 9 churches in Old Weston, Great Staughton and Ickleton have been targeted. Police are urgi
POLICE patrols are to be stepped up in three villages after more than £48,000 worth of lead was stolen from church roofs since the start of the year.
Since January 9 churches in Old Weston, Great Staughton and Ickleton have been targeted. Police are urging the community to remain vigilant to try to prevent any further lead thefts.
A police spokesman said: "Communities need to be aware and on the look out for any suspicious behaviour surrounding their local churches.
"If anyone notices anything unusual, please contact police as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
"All neighbourhood watch co-ordinators and community police officers have been made aware, and extra patrols will be carried out in affected areas. Investigations are taking place into each theft."
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact police on 0845 4564564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Hot air balloon 'makes surprise appearance' at primary school
- 3 Interactive map shows Covid Indian variant cases in Huntingdonshire
- 4 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 5 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 6 MP warns EWR rail bosses of 'significant impact' of project
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 St Neots Covid vaccination centre is on the move
- 9 Colourful benches have been placed in St Neots
- 10 'Amazing' Kimbolton Colts claim fair play award from Hunts Youth League