Police search for driver who hit girl cyclist
THE DRIVER of a black BMW is being urged to come forward after failing to stop when he collided with a 10-year-old girl on her bicycle in Eaton Socon. The incident happened at about 8.30am on Wednesday April 26 when the girl was cycling along the Great N
THE DRIVER of a black BMW is being urged to come forward after failing to stop when he collided with a 10-year-old girl on her bicycle in Eaton Socon.
The incident happened at about 8.30am on Wednesday April 26 when the girl was cycling along the Great North Road.
The girl fell off her bike when she collided, breaking her ankle and spraining her wrist. The driver of the BMW, which failed to stop following the collision, is described as a dark-haired man.
Pc Jayne Maggs, who is investigating the incident said: "I would appeal to the driver of the BMW to come forward. It may be that he did not realise there had been a collision, and we need him to come forward to help us establish the facts. I would also like to hear from anyone who may have seen the collision take place."
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Contact Pc Maggs at St Neots Police Station on 0845 4564564 or Crimestoppers on 0845 4564564.
- 1 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 4 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 5 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 6 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 9 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 10 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road