Police office opens at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
A POLICE office is set to open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon. The office will open today (Thursday, January 21) in the main entrance of the hospital building and will provide a visible police presence.It will be used by neighbourhood officers
A POLICE office is set to open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
The office will open today (Thursday, January 21) in the main entrance of the hospital building and will provide a visible police presence.
It will be used by neighbourhood officers as a base from which to run their police surgeries and will also provide a private area for police to deal with incidents.
PCSO Debbie Thorburn, who has helped to organise the opening, said: "The office will also be stocked with information and crime prevention advice leaflets and visitors to the hospital are encouraged to take a look around.
"If you see an officer please feel free to come in and have a chat."
Kevin Walker, Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust's Director of Finance and Trust Security management director, said: "We are delighted to be able to open this resource with Cambridgeshire Constabulary, which will further strengthen the relationship between us.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 6 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 7 Sir John Major to answer questions at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 8 Garden railway raises money for 3 Pillars
- 9 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 10 A charity football match involving a mixed Polish and Ukrainian team aims to raise funds for Ukraine
"We wholeheartedly welcome the local officers who will be working from the building and hope their presence on site will be a reassuring sight for our patients, visitors and employees.