Police office opens at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
A POLICE office is set to open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon. The office will open today (Thursday, January 21) in the main entrance of the hospital building and will provide a visible police presence.It will be used by neighbourhood officers
A POLICE office is set to open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
The office will open today (Thursday, January 21) in the main entrance of the hospital building and will provide a visible police presence.
It will be used by neighbourhood officers as a base from which to run their police surgeries and will also provide a private area for police to deal with incidents.
PCSO Debbie Thorburn, who has helped to organise the opening, said: "The office will also be stocked with information and crime prevention advice leaflets and visitors to the hospital are encouraged to take a look around.
You may also want to watch:
"If you see an officer please feel free to come in and have a chat."
Kevin Walker, Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust's Director of Finance and Trust Security management director, said: "We are delighted to be able to open this resource with Cambridgeshire Constabulary, which will further strengthen the relationship between us.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 3 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 4 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 7 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 8 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 9 Village Focus: Silver coins among ancient finds in Hartford
- 10 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
"We wholeheartedly welcome the local officers who will be working from the building and hope their presence on site will be a reassuring sight for our patients, visitors and employees.