Police office opens at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
A POLICE office is set to open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon. The office will open today (Thursday, January 21) in the main entrance of the hospital building and will provide a visible police presence.It will be used by neighbourhood officers
A POLICE office is set to open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
The office will open today (Thursday, January 21) in the main entrance of the hospital building and will provide a visible police presence.
It will be used by neighbourhood officers as a base from which to run their police surgeries and will also provide a private area for police to deal with incidents.
PCSO Debbie Thorburn, who has helped to organise the opening, said: "The office will also be stocked with information and crime prevention advice leaflets and visitors to the hospital are encouraged to take a look around.
You may also want to watch:
"If you see an officer please feel free to come in and have a chat."
Kevin Walker, Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust's Director of Finance and Trust Security management director, said: "We are delighted to be able to open this resource with Cambridgeshire Constabulary, which will further strengthen the relationship between us.
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 3 Man carrying knife 'in the street' closes St Ives primary school
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 6 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 7 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 10 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
"We wholeheartedly welcome the local officers who will be working from the building and hope their presence on site will be a reassuring sight for our patients, visitors and employees.