Police office opens at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
A POLICE office is set to open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon. The office will open today (Thursday, January 21) in the main entrance of the hospital building and will provide a visible police presence.It will be used by neighbourhood officers
A POLICE office is set to open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
The office will open today (Thursday, January 21) in the main entrance of the hospital building and will provide a visible police presence.
It will be used by neighbourhood officers as a base from which to run their police surgeries and will also provide a private area for police to deal with incidents.
PCSO Debbie Thorburn, who has helped to organise the opening, said: "The office will also be stocked with information and crime prevention advice leaflets and visitors to the hospital are encouraged to take a look around.
You may also want to watch:
"If you see an officer please feel free to come in and have a chat."
Kevin Walker, Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust's Director of Finance and Trust Security management director, said: "We are delighted to be able to open this resource with Cambridgeshire Constabulary, which will further strengthen the relationship between us.
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life.
- 8 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 9 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 10 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
"We wholeheartedly welcome the local officers who will be working from the building and hope their presence on site will be a reassuring sight for our patients, visitors and employees.