Police office opens at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
A POLICE office is set to open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon. The office will open today (Thursday, January 21) in the main entrance of the hospital building and will provide a visible police presence.It will be used by neighbourhood officers
A POLICE office is set to open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
The office will open today (Thursday, January 21) in the main entrance of the hospital building and will provide a visible police presence.
It will be used by neighbourhood officers as a base from which to run their police surgeries and will also provide a private area for police to deal with incidents.
PCSO Debbie Thorburn, who has helped to organise the opening, said: "The office will also be stocked with information and crime prevention advice leaflets and visitors to the hospital are encouraged to take a look around.
"If you see an officer please feel free to come in and have a chat."
Kevin Walker, Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust's Director of Finance and Trust Security management director, said: "We are delighted to be able to open this resource with Cambridgeshire Constabulary, which will further strengthen the relationship between us.
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 8 Could you give these pets a home?
- 9 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 10 Club of the Week: St Ives u3a who have celebrated their 10-year anniversary
"We wholeheartedly welcome the local officers who will be working from the building and hope their presence on site will be a reassuring sight for our patients, visitors and employees.