Police name two killed in road accidents
TWO people killed last week in traffic accidents have been named by police. Joyce Glass, 85, was killed when she was struck by a motorbike in Brampton. Police were called at 1.30pm on Tuesday, April 29 after Mrs Glass was hit by a motorbike at the Brampt
TWO people killed last week in traffic accidents have been named by police.
Joyce Glass, 85, was killed when she was struck by a motorbike in Brampton.
Police were called at 1.30pm on Tuesday, April 29 after Mrs Glass was hit by a motorbike at the Brampton roundabout on Huntingdon Road.
Mrs Glass lives at Horseshoes Way, Brampton. Her funeral service will take place at Bedford Crematorium on Friday, May 30 at 2.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the motorbike suffered what police described as serious but not life threatening injuries.
In a separate accident, a 73-year-old died following a two-car crash near the Redwings Service Area in Sawtry.
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 7 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 8 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 10 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
Rose Ann Ward died in Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge on Saturday (May 3), four days after the accident.
The crash happened at 2pm on Wednesday (April 30) at the junction of the B1043 Old North Road with the north entrance to the service area.
Mrs Ward, of Emery Close, Brampton, was a passenger in a red Rover 45 being driven by a 73-year-old man from Brampton. It was in a collision with a silver Toyota Yaris being driven by a 34-year-old woman from Huntingdon.
The two car drivers, plus another Huntingdon woman who was a passenger in the Toyota, had minor injuries.
Mrs Ward was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital and later transferred to Addenbrooke's but her condition deteriorated and she died on Saturday morning.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information on the crashes should contact police 0845 456 4564.