Police name two killed in road accidents
TWO people killed last week in traffic accidents have been named by police. Joyce Glass, 85, was killed when she was struck by a motorbike in Brampton. Police were called at 1.30pm on Tuesday, April 29 after Mrs Glass was hit by a motorbike at the Brampt
TWO people killed last week in traffic accidents have been named by police.
Joyce Glass, 85, was killed when she was struck by a motorbike in Brampton.
Police were called at 1.30pm on Tuesday, April 29 after Mrs Glass was hit by a motorbike at the Brampton roundabout on Huntingdon Road.
Mrs Glass lives at Horseshoes Way, Brampton. Her funeral service will take place at Bedford Crematorium on Friday, May 30 at 2.30pm.
The driver of the motorbike suffered what police described as serious but not life threatening injuries.
In a separate accident, a 73-year-old died following a two-car crash near the Redwings Service Area in Sawtry.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 4 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 7 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 8 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 9 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 10 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
Rose Ann Ward died in Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge on Saturday (May 3), four days after the accident.
The crash happened at 2pm on Wednesday (April 30) at the junction of the B1043 Old North Road with the north entrance to the service area.
Mrs Ward, of Emery Close, Brampton, was a passenger in a red Rover 45 being driven by a 73-year-old man from Brampton. It was in a collision with a silver Toyota Yaris being driven by a 34-year-old woman from Huntingdon.
The two car drivers, plus another Huntingdon woman who was a passenger in the Toyota, had minor injuries.
Mrs Ward was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital and later transferred to Addenbrooke's but her condition deteriorated and she died on Saturday morning.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information on the crashes should contact police 0845 456 4564.