Police investigation into Forty Foot death
A police investigation was underway today after a car containing a man s body was recovered from a notorious drain in the Fens.The alarm was raised yesterday morning following reports of a vehicle in the Ramsey Forty Foot, near Chatteris.The Forty Foot
A police investigation was underway today after a car containing a man's body was recovered from a notorious drain in the Fens.
The alarm was raised yesterday morning following reports of a vehicle in the Ramsey Forty Foot, near Chatteris.
The Forty Foot Bank, which runs alongside the drain, was closed to traffic while the recovery operation was carried out.
The dead man, who is believed to be in his forties, is due to be formally identified later today.
You may also want to watch:
Five people died in the Ramsey Forty Foot last winter after their vehicles went into the water.
Cambridgeshire county councillors recently gave top priority to a scheme to install average speed cameras along a four and a half-mile stretch of the road.
- 1 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 2 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 3 Delicious dessert shop 'Snix Snax' opens
- 4 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
The authority has already spent more than £420,000 on new signs, resurfacing and safety measures in a bid to reduce the number of accidents.
Anyone with information about the latest incident is asked to contact traffic officers on 0845 456 4564.