Police investigation into Forty Foot death
A police investigation was underway today after a car containing a man s body was recovered from a notorious drain in the Fens.The alarm was raised yesterday morning following reports of a vehicle in the Ramsey Forty Foot, near Chatteris.The Forty Foot
A police investigation was underway today after a car containing a man's body was recovered from a notorious drain in the Fens.
The alarm was raised yesterday morning following reports of a vehicle in the Ramsey Forty Foot, near Chatteris.
The Forty Foot Bank, which runs alongside the drain, was closed to traffic while the recovery operation was carried out.
The dead man, who is believed to be in his forties, is due to be formally identified later today.
You may also want to watch:
Five people died in the Ramsey Forty Foot last winter after their vehicles went into the water.
Cambridgeshire county councillors recently gave top priority to a scheme to install average speed cameras along a four and a half-mile stretch of the road.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 6 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 9 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
The authority has already spent more than £420,000 on new signs, resurfacing and safety measures in a bid to reduce the number of accidents.
Anyone with information about the latest incident is asked to contact traffic officers on 0845 456 4564.