Police hunt sex attacker after 15-year-old assaulted in St Ives
A TEENAGE girl was threatened and sexually assaulted in daylight as she walked along a road in St Ives. The attack happened at about 2.35pm on Friday (June 12) as a 15-year-old girl walked along Priory Road. A man approached the girl and began a conve
A TEENAGE girl was threatened and sexually assaulted in daylight as she walked along a road in St Ives.
The attack happened at about 2.35pm on Thursday (June 11) as a 15-year-old girl walked along Priory Road. A man approached the girl and began a conversation, during which he threatened and sexually assaulted her. She eventually broke free and ran off.
The man is described as aged between 20 to 25 years, with tanned skin, 5'6", slim and was wearing a red T-shirt with a smiley face on it.
Officers believe the incident may be linked to an assault in the town earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
Two women, one aged 18 and the other 19 were assaulted by a man as they walked along Needingworth Road at about 3am on Sunday, June 7.
The man is described as white, 5'5", stocky with short brown hair and was wearing dark jeans and a red T-shirt.
- 1 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 4 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 5 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 6 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Plea to hold a Macmillan Coffee Morning as sign-ups drop
- 9 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 10 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
Detective Inspector Mike Branston, investigating, said: "I would like to hear from anyone who has any information about either of these incidents or believes they may know the man involved.
"There are similarities in the attacks and at this stage we believe they may be linked.
"Patrols in the area have been increased as a precaution and we are carrying out a number of enquiries as we work to trace this man."
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact DI Branston on 0345 4564564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.