Police helicopter called in to track drink-drive motorist
A DRIVER who was unsteady on her feet , with slurred speech and glazed eyes , had driven a BMW car from Ramsey to Warboys while more than four times the legal drink-drive limit, a court heard. On the afternoon of January 5, 32-year-old Dee Macauley was
A DRIVER who was "unsteady on her feet", with "slurred speech and glazed eyes", had driven a BMW car from Ramsey to Warboys while more than four times the legal drink-drive limit, a court heard.
On the afternoon of January 5, 32-year-old Dee Macauley was driving from Ramsey to Warboys at a speed between 10 and 25mph, according to prosecutor John Goodier.
She was seen to cross partly over the centre white lines and witnesses said an oncoming vehicle had to take avoiding action to prevent a collision, Huntingdon magistrates heard.
Macauley was seen to hit a kerb and was spotted by a police community support officer in an unmarked vehicle in Warboys.
She was also watched from the air by the police helicopter, Mr Goodier said, and seen to get out of her vehicle in Coronation Avenue, Warboys, and go "extremely carefully and slowly" into the address.
Police officers arrived to find her "unsteady on her feet, with slurred speech, glazed eyes and smelling of intoxicating liquor", said the prosecutor. The lower reading of her breath test measured 143 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath - the legal limit is 35.
- 1 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 2 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 3 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 4 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 5 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 6 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 7 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 8 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
Peter Vialls, for Macauley, of Palmer Close, Ramsey, asked for a pre-sentence report and to address the court at a later opportunity.
The case was adjourned for sentence on February 20. Macauley was disqualified from driving in the meantime.