Police dog tracks Spaldwick oil thieves for five miles
FOUR people have been arrested in connection with the theft of oil from a home in Spaldwick after being tracked by a police dog for five miles.Officers were called to reports of heating oil being stolen from a property in the High Street at 3.46am on Thu
FOUR people have been arrested in connection with the theft of oil from a home in Spaldwick after being tracked by a police dog for five miles.
Officers were called to reports of heating oil being stolen from a property in the High Street at 3.46am on Thursday (April 22).
Police searched the area and a few minutes later officers stopped a van in Stow Longa and a man and a woman were arrested.
A police dog called Guinness picked up a track from the property in Spaldwick which he followed with his handler to Brington where two further suspects were arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Officers also seized two vans with oil tanks and pumps in the rear.
The people arrested are a man aged 27, a man aged 22, a man aged 22 and a woman aged 20. They are in custody at Huntingdon Police Station.
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 5 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 6 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 7 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 8 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 9 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31