Police dog tracks Spaldwick oil thieves for five miles
FOUR people have been arrested in connection with the theft of oil from a home in Spaldwick after being tracked by a police dog for five miles.Officers were called to reports of heating oil being stolen from a property in the High Street at 3.46am on Thu
FOUR people have been arrested in connection with the theft of oil from a home in Spaldwick after being tracked by a police dog for five miles.
Officers were called to reports of heating oil being stolen from a property in the High Street at 3.46am on Thursday (April 22).
Police searched the area and a few minutes later officers stopped a van in Stow Longa and a man and a woman were arrested.
A police dog called Guinness picked up a track from the property in Spaldwick which he followed with his handler to Brington where two further suspects were arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Officers also seized two vans with oil tanks and pumps in the rear.
The people arrested are a man aged 27, a man aged 22, a man aged 22 and a woman aged 20. They are in custody at Huntingdon Police Station.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 10 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford