Please don’t change the B route
THE changes to the St Ives bus service (The Hunts post, April 25) would mean that my wife would find it even more difficult to get to work in Cambridge and to hospital appointments at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
It seems that Stagecoach services to Cambridge from St Ives and Huntingdon have slowly got worse since the guided bus route was introduced, giving priority to and from the St Ives park-and-ride. This seems to be the easier option for Stagecoach while having little regard for the rest of the Huntingdon district in general.
The main reason we moved from Huntingdon to St Ives (Ramsey Road) was to be in close proximity to a main bus route, as the Huntingdon bus route was to take longer once the guided bus route was introduced.
Walking to St Ives town centre to catch a bus is not an option as my wife has a disability and by July, when the proposed changes are due, will be heavily pregnant as well.
Ramsey Road has been always been a main bus route and is used by many people. I urge Stagecoach not to change the B service without, at least, providing an adequate service to replace it.
You may also want to watch:
I hope the person responsible for the proposed changes comes to his senses before it is changed.
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 3 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 6 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
- 9 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack