Plans revealed for St Neots level crossings
- Credit: Archant
Plans for what will happen once level crossings close are to be unveiled at a public exhibition due to be held this weekend.
Network Rail wants to shut all the crossings on the East Coast Main Line between London and Doncaster and has been consulting people on its proposals.
A second round of consultation is underway and the closure of crossings in the St Neots area is the subject of exhibitions at the Priory Centre on Saturday and Tuesday.
Network Rail is proposing to shut the Love Lane pedestrian crossing and divert people via existing underpasses.
It also wants to close both the Great Paxton foot crossing, which it says has been “out of use for several years”, and Firbanks No.1, just north of Great Paxton, a private crossing with one user, the landowner.
You may also want to watch:
Preferred options for Abbots Ripton and the three crossings at Holme will be unveiled later this month.
People living in the Offords and Buckden will have to wait until January to find out what Network Rail’s preferred option is for the replacement of the Station Lane crossing.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 5 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 'Glad to see an end to 2020' - Anne-Marie Hamilton
- 9 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 10 Police investigation closed into deaths of two men in Hunts village
INFORMATION: The next consultation events, covering the crossings at Love Lane, St Neots, Great Paxton, and Firbanks No.1, are due to be held at The Priory Centre, St Neots from 1-5pm on Saturday (November 8) and 4-8pm on Tuesday (November 11).