Plans for new state-of-the-art college
PLANS to transform Huntingdonshire Regional College into a £20million, 21st century teaching establishment have been unveiled. The proposals are still at an early stage but the college s governors are optimistic that Huntingdonshire will have a new coll
PLANS to transform Huntingdonshire Regional College into a £20million, 21st century teaching establishment have been unveiled.
The proposals are still at an early stage but the college's governors are optimistic that Huntingdonshire will have a new college within four to five years.
Anne Constantine, principal of the college, told The Hunts Post: "We are all very excited about the prospect of redeveloping the college and bringing it into the 21st century. Of course it will take time and cost around £20million but once finished it will benefit both the town and all students."
There will still be campuses in both Huntingdon and St Neots, but the college is considering alternative sites in these two towns for relocation.
Anne Phillips, assistant principal at the college, said: "We are looking at alternative sites, as it is not easy trying to provide state of the art facilities and courses in 1960 buildings. Once completed, the new college will be equipped with state of the art facilities and offer even more vocational courses."
The college is also hoping to increase its student intake after its redevelopment because of the surge in popularity of its courses over the past few years.
- 1 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 7 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 8 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 9 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 10 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
Ms Constantine said: "We are a vocational specialist college and are always looking to expand the facilities we offer. The redevelopment of the college will allow us to continue preparing students for the world of work and move the college into the future."
INFORMATION: To find out more about the courses on offer at Huntingdonshire Regional College visit its website at www.huntingdon.ac.uk/ or phone 01480 379100.