Planning application submitted for new Cambridge station
- Credit: Archant
PLANS for a new Cambridge station have been submitted.
The station would be at Cambridge Science Park Station Interchange and would be on the main line between Cambridge and Ely.
Cambridgeshire County Council, which submitted the planning application, said the station was expected to be served by direct trains running to London Kings Cross, Liverpool Street, Norwich and King’s Lynn with the possibility of trains to Stansted Airport and Birmingham.
The planning application includes:
– a new station building, platforms, and other rail infrastructure to be used by around 3,000 passengers a day
You may also want to watch:
– an extension of the busway from Milton Road to the station as well as linking to the new town of Northstowe
– public space, pedestrian and cycle access routes
- 1 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 2 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 7 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 10 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
– cycle parking for 1,000 cycles
– a taxi drop-off and pick-up area
– a 450 space car park with disabled and short stay parking
CCC added that a series of public exhibitions are being held to show people the plans and make their views known.
Public exhibitions will be held at:
– The Shirley Centre, Nuffield Road, Chesterton, on July 23 (4.30pm–8pm)
– St John’s Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge, on July 24 (12noon–2pm)
– The Trinity Centre, 24 Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, on July 25 (12noon–2pm)
– Milton Primary School, Humphries Way, Milton, on July 25 (4.30pm–8pm)