Planned resurfacing work on B1040 starts next week
- Credit: Archant
Drivers have been warned about road closures that are set to start next week on the B1040
Resurfacing work on the B1040 at Eltisley is due to begin on Monday 19 February for eight nights - excluding weekends.
Construction will start at the A428 junction heading south for around 1 km and will include resurfacing the road, cutting back overgrown plants, refreshing road markings and installing new reflective road studs.
The work will be done overnight during weekdays only between 8pm-6am under full closure, the county council warns.
A signed diversion route will be in place during this period. The road will be re-opened during the day under a 40mph speed limit to maintain safety for drivers, cyclists and pedestrians.
You may also want to watch:
The diversion route that has been suggested is B1040 – B1046 – Cromwell Road – B1428 Cambridge Road – A428 Cambridge Road and vice versa.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 10 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?