Planned resurfacing work on B1040 starts next week
- Credit: Archant
Drivers have been warned about road closures that are set to start next week on the B1040
Resurfacing work on the B1040 at Eltisley is due to begin on Monday 19 February for eight nights - excluding weekends.
Construction will start at the A428 junction heading south for around 1 km and will include resurfacing the road, cutting back overgrown plants, refreshing road markings and installing new reflective road studs.
The work will be done overnight during weekdays only between 8pm-6am under full closure, the county council warns.
A signed diversion route will be in place during this period. The road will be re-opened during the day under a 40mph speed limit to maintain safety for drivers, cyclists and pedestrians.
You may also want to watch:
The diversion route that has been suggested is B1040 – B1046 – Cromwell Road – B1428 Cambridge Road – A428 Cambridge Road and vice versa.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 3 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 6 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 9 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
- 10 'Savage' attack left man without spleen