Plane stack won't do
I AM concerned about the intended flight path changes as highlighted in The Hunts Post (February 27). Living in Cambourne I would be severely affected. The reason to move to Cambourne was to be in a rural area with country parks and the ability to hear th
I AM concerned about the intended flight path changes as highlighted in The Hunts Post (February 27). Living in Cambourne I would be severely affected.
The reason to move to Cambourne was to be in a rural area with country parks and the ability to hear the wildlife. It was not my intention to have a major noise background from stacking planes.
Cambourne and the surrounding villages would be hard hit. Everyone currently comments on the wonderful tranquillity of the area and the wildlife.
To move flight paths over rural areas to provide major noise pollution to the countryside is not the answer. The current flight paths are used to the noise, and you could argue the fact that towns and cities already used to a background of traffic noise would not notice the increase in noise level so much.
You may also want to watch:
People have chosen to move to the countryside for the peace and quiet. That's the benefit of the countryside. People choose to live in towns and cities for the amenities and live with the extra noise in the way of traffic etc. That is the residents' choice - although, if the developers get their way, Cambridgeshire will soon be a sea of houses with no amenities, called linked villages.
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 7 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 8 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 10 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls