Pictures from the past
RECENTLY discovered pictures of Ellington and Grafham will be on display at Ellington Village Hall on Sunday, September 30. The free exhibition is being presented by the the Grafham Wildlife and Conservation Group, which has won the British Trust for Cons
RECENTLY discovered pictures of Ellington and Grafham will be on display at Ellington Village Hall on Sunday, September 30.
The free exhibition is being presented by the the Grafham Wildlife and Conservation Group, which has won the British Trust for Conservation Volunteers regional Green Heroes award for the past two years.
The group of volunteers maintains woodland, including Brampton Wood and has run several similar photographic exhibitions.
Sam Malt, the group founder, said: "When we started this project, we had no idea it would be so popular. We are always looking for more photos of Grafham, Ellington and the surrounding villages. So, if anyone has any pictures that we can copy, please get in touch, or see me on the day."
The Grafham Wildlife and Conservation Group is voluntary, and carries out conservation management in 12 woodlands in and around the Grafham area, working closely with the woodland owners. It is has funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund and has just received a grant of £950 from the the Woodland Trust.
INFORMATION: The display will run from 10am to 4pm. For details or to join a conservation work party contact Sam Malt on 01480 810844 (day) or 01480 811654 (evenings/weekends). Entry is free.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 3 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 4 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 8 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 9 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic
- 10 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica