Pictures from the past
RECENTLY discovered pictures of Ellington and Grafham will be on display at Ellington Village Hall on Sunday, September 30. The free exhibition is being presented by the the Grafham Wildlife and Conservation Group, which has won the British Trust for Cons
RECENTLY discovered pictures of Ellington and Grafham will be on display at Ellington Village Hall on Sunday, September 30.
The free exhibition is being presented by the the Grafham Wildlife and Conservation Group, which has won the British Trust for Conservation Volunteers regional Green Heroes award for the past two years.
The group of volunteers maintains woodland, including Brampton Wood and has run several similar photographic exhibitions.
Sam Malt, the group founder, said: "When we started this project, we had no idea it would be so popular. We are always looking for more photos of Grafham, Ellington and the surrounding villages. So, if anyone has any pictures that we can copy, please get in touch, or see me on the day."
You may also want to watch:
The Grafham Wildlife and Conservation Group is voluntary, and carries out conservation management in 12 woodlands in and around the Grafham area, working closely with the woodland owners. It is has funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund and has just received a grant of £950 from the the Woodland Trust.
INFORMATION: The display will run from 10am to 4pm. For details or to join a conservation work party contact Sam Malt on 01480 810844 (day) or 01480 811654 (evenings/weekends). Entry is free.
- 1 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 2 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31