Photo library would be great record for RAF Alconbury
HAVING spent 17 years at RAF Alconbury I would like to see a photo library preserved inside a historic building.
There is literally tons of photos taken by people who were stationed there since World War Two, all have fond memories, and many call RAF Alconbury their second home while growing up.
I know I did. I did not want to leave, but knew my second career was waiting for me in the USA after I had finished my USAFE career with four more years at RAF Lakenheath. I retired in 1989 to start my career with GE Aviation as a F4 Phantom=J79 engine consultant/manager worldwide.
Did you know there was an RAF Alconbury website dedicated to all the history provided and put together by the people who lived and worked there over the years?
You need a sponsor and invite to get to it under the site of Mt Family.com\Alconbury operated by Bob Green.
You may also want to watch:
It is late and I’m on the job with GE currently in Istanbul, Turkey, so I bid you farewell.
- 1 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 2 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 3 Delicious dessert shop 'Snix Snax' opens
- 4 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life