Phenomenal growth sees firm move into new premises
- Credit: Archant
A company that specialises in orthopaedic surgical implants and instruments has celebrated its phenomenal growth with a move to a campus that boasts a wealth of knowledge in Wyboston.
Started three years ago as a sales agency for two medical device manufacturers, directors Jonathan Bloy and David Plane have grown LEDA Orthopaedics to become one of the UK’s leading British orthopaedic device companies, with a turnover in excess of £7 million.
Now employing 12 people, the company has just moved its UK headquarters to The Knowledge Centre at Wyboston Lakes.
Director, Mr Bloy said: “We have been amazed how quickly the company has grown, so we needed to move our base to somewhere that will allow us to continue our growth. We supply hospitals throughout the UK and Ireland so it was important that we had easy access to major routes. Wyboston
Lakes being situated beside the A1, and the M1 less than 30 minutes away means we are able to provide a rapid and efficient service to all hospitals wherever they are located.”
You may also want to watch:
The company distributes orthopaedic equipment ranging from high quality plates and screws for fixing broken bones, to joint replacements and specialist custom 3D printed implants, for complex revision surgery.
Mr Bloy added: “Our growth over the last three years has been dramatic, and as we plan to continue our growth, it’s important that nothing restricts our development.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 7 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 8 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 9 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 10 'Am I being overcharged for gas and electricity'?
Whether we want extra office space for the staff we shall be recruiting, or additional secure storage for our growing stockholding, Wyboston Lakes can provide the flexibility we want without heavy capital outlay or a restrictive long term lease.”
Since moving into The Knowledge Centre the company has already outgrown its current office and will be looking to move into other space at the centre in the coming weeks.
Director Mr Plane added: “It has been great since we made the move, it has gone really well. We are going to be moving into a bigger office and it’s great to have the ability to change offices in the same building.”