Petrol prices drop after anger in St Neots
EVERY little helps was certainty proving to be true this week after Tesco took note of the growing resentment at its high fuel prices and slashed the cost of its petrol. Last week The Hunts Post questioned why the supermarket chain had cut petrol prices a
EVERY little helps was certainty proving to be true this week after Tesco took note of the growing resentment at its high fuel prices and slashed the cost of its petrol.
Last week The Hunts Post questioned why the supermarket chain had cut petrol prices at the "vast majority" of its forecourts, but failed to pass on savings to motorists in Huntingdon and St Neots.
Angry motorists phoned the newspaper accusing Tesco of "daylight robbery" for selling unleaded petrol at 103.9pence per litre.
However, this week the company reduced its prices at its St Neots and Huntingdon filling stations, giving customers a fairer price.
You may also want to watch:
A Tesco spokesman said the prices are now cheaper than those being offered by the retailer more than a year and a half ago, with unleaded on offer at 96.9p per litre at its stores in Huntingdon and 99.9ppl in St Neots.
"We monitor prices on a daily basis and as soon as prices fall again we will pass the savings on to our customers," she said.
- 1 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 2 St Neots Covid vaccination centre is on the move
- 3 Colourful benches have been placed in St Neots
- 4 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 5 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 6 Car crashes into safety barriers as driver flees scene
- 7 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 8 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes
- 9 Paedophile offered 'naked massages' to undercover police officer
- 10 Buckle hits half-century but Hunts boys fall to Northants defeat
She added: "We have cut the price of unleaded fuel by 3p per litre at the majority of our 430 forecourts - the fourth cut in under a fortnight.
"And with our national petrol promotion running in stores, motorists can get a further 5p off per litre, taking prices for unleaded petrol down to levels last seen in April 2007."
According to www.petrolprices.com, the average price of unleaded petrol in Huntingdonshire yesterday (Tuesday) was 99.5p compared to 104.2ppl last week.
One of the lowest on offer was Sainsbury's in Huntingdon, which was charging 94.9 pence per litre for unleaded and 107.9 for diesel.