Period properties on the market in Huntingdon and St Neots with potential for those with ‘grand aspirations’
- Credit: Archant
Period properties in Huntingdon and St Neots could be given a new lease of life after coming to market.
Grade II listed buildings Wykeham House, in Market Square, Huntingdon, and Brook House, in Brook Street, St Neots, both include preserved period features ideal for businesses with grand aspirations.
Howard Westgate, associate director at Barford + Co, which is marketing the properties, said: “Brook House and Wykeham House are both extremely impressive period properties in two historic Cambridgeshire towns, with both properties offering scope for a range of uses.”
According to the firm, the 18th century Wykeham House could have the potential for a range of uses, including a café, bar or restaurant due to its town centre location.
Along with the retail potential for the building, which is currently being used as offices, plans are also available detailing how the building could be converted into seven apartments.
You may also want to watch:
Brook House is a 16th century property on the edge of St Neots, which has been recently refurbished but has the scope to become a medical practice, or office building.
“Brook House would make ideal premises for a doctor’s surgery, with plenty of car parking for patients, whilst Wykeham House would be fantastic converted to a restaurant or café. Equally, both properties have scope for residential conversion and could be imposing grand designs for anyone keen to take on such a project,” added Mr Westgate.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 8 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 9 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
“However, with buildings of this grandeur, we expect considerable interest from parties seeking to continue the current uses as offices.”
INFO: To arrange a viewing call 01480 213811.