Period properties on the market in Huntingdon and St Neots with potential for those with ‘grand aspirations’
- Credit: Archant
Period properties in Huntingdon and St Neots could be given a new lease of life after coming to market.
Grade II listed buildings Wykeham House, in Market Square, Huntingdon, and Brook House, in Brook Street, St Neots, both include preserved period features ideal for businesses with grand aspirations.
Howard Westgate, associate director at Barford + Co, which is marketing the properties, said: “Brook House and Wykeham House are both extremely impressive period properties in two historic Cambridgeshire towns, with both properties offering scope for a range of uses.”
According to the firm, the 18th century Wykeham House could have the potential for a range of uses, including a café, bar or restaurant due to its town centre location.
Along with the retail potential for the building, which is currently being used as offices, plans are also available detailing how the building could be converted into seven apartments.
You may also want to watch:
Brook House is a 16th century property on the edge of St Neots, which has been recently refurbished but has the scope to become a medical practice, or office building.
“Brook House would make ideal premises for a doctor’s surgery, with plenty of car parking for patients, whilst Wykeham House would be fantastic converted to a restaurant or café. Equally, both properties have scope for residential conversion and could be imposing grand designs for anyone keen to take on such a project,” added Mr Westgate.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 3 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 4 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 5 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 6 Ramsey schoolgirl names new housing development
- 7 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 8 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 9 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 10 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
“However, with buildings of this grandeur, we expect considerable interest from parties seeking to continue the current uses as offices.”
INFO: To arrange a viewing call 01480 213811.