Peace breaks out
A SERIES of anti-social behaviour contracts seems to have largely resolved problems of hooliganism in Warboys. The village s parish council heard on Monday that nuisance caused by young people in the Flaxen Walk area had reduced significantly. Parish cler
A SERIES of anti-social behaviour contracts seems to have largely resolved problems of hooliganism in Warboys.
The village's parish council heard on Monday that nuisance caused by young people in the Flaxen Walk area had reduced significantly.
Parish clerk Roy Reeves said afterwards: "There have been a number of problems in recent months, with youngsters making a nuisance of themselves and drinking alcohol. There were some fairly large groups gathering, often between 10 and 20.
"On a couple of occasions we had vehicles burned out, and things got quite fraught before Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
"But a number of anti-social behaviour contracts seem to have had the desired effect, and things have got much better."
Mr Reeves said several organisations were working together to identify what young people in the village wanted by way of additional activities.
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 3 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 6 Broughton - litter-picking, bell cleaning and great community spirit
- 7 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 8 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 9 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 10 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target