Peace breaks out
A SERIES of anti-social behaviour contracts seems to have largely resolved problems of hooliganism in Warboys. The village s parish council heard on Monday that nuisance caused by young people in the Flaxen Walk area had reduced significantly. Parish cler
A SERIES of anti-social behaviour contracts seems to have largely resolved problems of hooliganism in Warboys.
The village's parish council heard on Monday that nuisance caused by young people in the Flaxen Walk area had reduced significantly.
Parish clerk Roy Reeves said afterwards: "There have been a number of problems in recent months, with youngsters making a nuisance of themselves and drinking alcohol. There were some fairly large groups gathering, often between 10 and 20.
"On a couple of occasions we had vehicles burned out, and things got quite fraught before Christmas.
"But a number of anti-social behaviour contracts seem to have had the desired effect, and things have got much better."
Mr Reeves said several organisations were working together to identify what young people in the village wanted by way of additional activities.
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 House set alight in Brampton
- 4 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 9 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 10 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000