Passion and character is key for award-winning company founder
- Credit: Archant
A business owner from Brampton has tasted sweet success at a host of awards for her contribution to the food and drink industry.
Vhari Russell, who owns The Food Marketing Expert, has been crowned winner of the Cambridgeshire Business Champion at the East of England Business Awards.
“It was lovely to win as we really try to push our clients forward to win awards so it is great to have won for my own business,” said Mrs Russell.
The company founder was also highly commended as Best Business at the Best Women in Business Awards which took place last month.
The 39-year-old, of West End, puts her success down to her character and passion for the ever-evolving sector.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I like to give back into the community whether that is networking or mentoring, it is nice to be able to help drive the food and drink industry. I also am really good at networking and connecting people.”
As a way of giving back to the industry Mrs Russell, along with Kelly Molson of design agency Rubber Cheese, set up Grub Club Cambridge in 2014 to bring together producers, retailers, buyers, and their businesses.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 4 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 'Am I being overcharged for gas and electricity'?
- 9 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 10 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
Mrs Russell started her marketing business four years ago after having her three children and wanted a career that would fit around family.
“I had three very small children at the time and I wanted to be able to share the knowledge that I had gained of the industry for over 10 years,” she said.
Since starting the company, Mrs Russell has gone from working on her own to having a team of six staff.
“It is great to have a team around me, it is really exciting,” she said.
Mrs Russell is now waiting to find out whether she will be crowned champion at a number of other awards, including a Lux Food and Drink award for the company’s contribution to the industry.