Part-time cinema gets a trial run
A PART-time cinema is to be launched in Cambourne this September. The Cambourne Community Cinema, a branch of the Cambourne Film Club, will be operated for a six-month trial period under the direction of the parish council. Using digital projection equipm
A PART-time cinema is to be launched in Cambourne this September.
The Cambourne Community Cinema, a branch of the Cambourne Film Club, will be operated for a six-month trial period under the direction of the parish council.
Using digital projection equipment, films would be screened once a month at the Hub community centre.
The decision to form the cinema was taken at the meeting of Cambourne Parish Council on Tuesday, July 3.
You may also want to watch:
A working party of parish councillors has now been formed and Cambourne residents are being inviting to join the group to help develop a strategy for the project.
Councillor Howard Fall said: "I have already had residents contact me offering to help with the working party but more would be welcomed."
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 10 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
The cinema will screen recently released films under licence from the producers on the third Friday of the month, starting on September 21, in the Hub community centre. Doors would open at 7pm with the film starting at 7.30pm.
INFORMATION: Any Cambourne residents interested in getting involved in the project should call 01954 775013 and leave their contact details.