Part-time cinema gets a trial run
A PART-time cinema is to be launched in Cambourne this September. The Cambourne Community Cinema, a branch of the Cambourne Film Club, will be operated for a six-month trial period under the direction of the parish council. Using digital projection equipm
A PART-time cinema is to be launched in Cambourne this September.
The Cambourne Community Cinema, a branch of the Cambourne Film Club, will be operated for a six-month trial period under the direction of the parish council.
Using digital projection equipment, films would be screened once a month at the Hub community centre.
The decision to form the cinema was taken at the meeting of Cambourne Parish Council on Tuesday, July 3.
You may also want to watch:
A working party of parish councillors has now been formed and Cambourne residents are being inviting to join the group to help develop a strategy for the project.
Councillor Howard Fall said: "I have already had residents contact me offering to help with the working party but more would be welcomed."
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 5 Bustling market town that had 64 pubs at one time
- 6 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 7 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 10 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
The cinema will screen recently released films under licence from the producers on the third Friday of the month, starting on September 21, in the Hub community centre. Doors would open at 7pm with the film starting at 7.30pm.
INFORMATION: Any Cambourne residents interested in getting involved in the project should call 01954 775013 and leave their contact details.