Part-time cinema gets a trial run
A PART-time cinema is to be launched in Cambourne this September. The Cambourne Community Cinema, a branch of the Cambourne Film Club, will be operated for a six-month trial period under the direction of the parish council. Using digital projection equipm
A PART-time cinema is to be launched in Cambourne this September.
The Cambourne Community Cinema, a branch of the Cambourne Film Club, will be operated for a six-month trial period under the direction of the parish council.
Using digital projection equipment, films would be screened once a month at the Hub community centre.
The decision to form the cinema was taken at the meeting of Cambourne Parish Council on Tuesday, July 3.
A working party of parish councillors has now been formed and Cambourne residents are being inviting to join the group to help develop a strategy for the project.
Councillor Howard Fall said: "I have already had residents contact me offering to help with the working party but more would be welcomed."
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 House set alight in Brampton
- 4 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 10 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
The cinema will screen recently released films under licence from the producers on the third Friday of the month, starting on September 21, in the Hub community centre. Doors would open at 7pm with the film starting at 7.30pm.
INFORMATION: Any Cambourne residents interested in getting involved in the project should call 01954 775013 and leave their contact details.