Parking restrictions will mean targeting HDC staff
AS Huntingdonshire District Council is taking over parking enforcement will this include their own staff who park down Mill Common, on corners of the footpaths, double yellow lines and in the area which states three hours parking only?
This has been an ongoing problem for some years. In fairness, it is not only council staff but commuters. The council have given themselves a new building but no parking for their staff. Instead of trying to sell the piece of land in front of them for apartments, they should make this a car park for the their employees. Another idea would be to give the employees a subsidy to use the car park in Mill Common, which is mostly empty and cannot be making any revenue for the council, and so it goes on.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 5 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 6 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Wildlife group wants to hear about grass snake sightings
- 9 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'