Parking restrictions will mean targeting HDC staff
AS Huntingdonshire District Council is taking over parking enforcement will this include their own staff who park down Mill Common, on corners of the footpaths, double yellow lines and in the area which states three hours parking only?
This has been an ongoing problem for some years. In fairness, it is not only council staff but commuters. The council have given themselves a new building but no parking for their staff. Instead of trying to sell the piece of land in front of them for apartments, they should make this a car park for the their employees. Another idea would be to give the employees a subsidy to use the car park in Mill Common, which is mostly empty and cannot be making any revenue for the council, and so it goes on.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 4 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 5 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 6 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 7 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 10 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire