Parking regime discriminates against commuters
THE new parking charges in Huntingdon are poorly thought out. They discriminate against commuters who need to park before 8.10am in the morning to catch their train. The train station charges a fortune too. Why 8.10am before the machines start to work? A
THE new parking charges in Huntingdon are poorly thought out. They discriminate against commuters who need to park before 8.10am in the morning to catch their train. The train station charges a fortune too.
Why 8.10am before the machines start to work? A call was put into the council where a Mr Bell said: "We the council do not make any apologies for this: we want people to come into the town to shop, but not commute."
Well, that is narrow-minded. We commuters also shop in Huntingdon when we don't work. But, if that is the attitude, I will go to Peterborough to do my shopping in future. It can be cheaper to park or free. It may be a larger distance to cover but it will be worth it.
Has the council put up the charges to cover the shortfall in the large amount of revenue it will lose from the commuter? I have now found a place to park free and, if that is taken, I may park on the ring road itself. No restrictions are apparent, it is a two-lane one-way road, so there will be no obstructions to other road users, as long as I park correctly.
You may also want to watch:
I have nothing to worry about. The only thing that might happen is a small tail-back at rush hour, but then the council will have thought of that one already. I believe the term to "cut your nose off to spite your face" has meaning here.
If it is just me, then I am sorry for bringing this up.
- 1 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 2 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 5 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 6 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 7 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
Ramsey St Mary's