HOW much did the council pay to be told by outsiders how to tackle the parking problem? Why on earth isn t it asking the people who live and work in Huntingdon, who will know better than any so-called expert what the problems are and suggest some solution
HOW much did the council pay to be told by outsiders how to tackle the parking problem? Why on earth isn't it asking the people who live and work in Huntingdon, who will know better than any so-called expert what the problems are and suggest some solutions? The council will not succeed in forcing everyone onto public transport. It will succeed in forcing everyone out of Huntingdon.
It is not a big town. There are increasing numbers of empty premises and absolutely no incentive for new business to move here. Why is it so hard for councillors to see - or admit - the problem? They need more affordable parking.
It is infuriating to see what is happening to Huntingdon and that the people in charge are just refusing to listen to people. And what is more infuriating is that council employees don't seem to be having the same parking problems as the rest of us. I think we should change the town's name from Huntingdon to Hunting-for a parking space-don. Or what about Has-been-don?
I could go on but I need an early night. I have to set out early in the morning in my quest for a parking space that I can still afford.
You may also want to watch:
VERONICA GEPP, Carpenters Way, Doddington
- 1 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 4 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 5 Clifford Thomas is the new mayor of Godmanchester
- 6 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 7 Pretty town with lots of independent shops
- 8 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 9 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 10 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed