Parking - Hinchingbrooke should learn from Addenbrooke's
MY wife recently had to take me to Hinchingbrooke A&E because of my foot and knee swelling. I had a plaster cast because of a broken ankle. When we arrived on a Saturday morning, she was unable to park in the 20-minute bays, both of which were occupied. A
MY wife recently had to take me to Hinchingbrooke A&E because of my foot and knee swelling. I had a plaster cast because of a broken ankle.
When we arrived on a Saturday morning, she was unable to park in the 20-minute bays, both of which were occupied. As we were blocking the road, we decided to park in one of the disabled bays, most of which were empty.
You can imagine our surprise when my wife returned to her car to find a parking ticket for �40. I cannot but wonder why an NHS hospital runs its car parks in such a way that people trying to use its services are penalised in such a blatant way.
Because my wife and I were so worried, we had left home with only my wallet and no change. Then we found there were no facilities to obtain change and, being a weekend, no shops were open.
You may also want to watch:
Hospital staff pointed out that the car park charge was for a minimum of three hours, although visiting times are for two hours, A&E turn-round time can be four hours.
In Cambridge, Addenbrooke's has managed to charge fairly for car parking for years. Why is it so difficult to do it at Hinchingbrooke?
- 1 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 2 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 3 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 4 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 7 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 8 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years