Parking charge increase will push shoppers elsewhere in Cambs
WHICHEVER Huntingdonshire District Council councillor or council officer suggested a two-hour minimum parking charge in Huntingdon, St Neots and St Ives should get voted out next time round or be given an immediate P45.
Two years ago the minimum charge was 50 pence. If this is change is introduced in February 2013 the minimum will be �1.20 – an increase of 140 per cent. Can they not see that all that will happen is cars will park in any side street they can find in Huntingdon and St Neots, and at the free park and ride in St Ives?
Or they will drive to supermarkets in Cambridge or Peterborough and local high streets will simply give up the ghost.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 'Am I being overcharged for gas and electricity'?
- 10 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford