Parking charge increase will push shoppers elsewhere in Cambs
WHICHEVER Huntingdonshire District Council councillor or council officer suggested a two-hour minimum parking charge in Huntingdon, St Neots and St Ives should get voted out next time round or be given an immediate P45.
Two years ago the minimum charge was 50 pence. If this is change is introduced in February 2013 the minimum will be �1.20 – an increase of 140 per cent. Can they not see that all that will happen is cars will park in any side street they can find in Huntingdon and St Neots, and at the free park and ride in St Ives?
Or they will drive to supermarkets in Cambridge or Peterborough and local high streets will simply give up the ghost.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 5 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 6 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 10 New plans on the horizon for Black Cat Radio