Parking charge increase will push shoppers elsewhere in Cambs
WHICHEVER Huntingdonshire District Council councillor or council officer suggested a two-hour minimum parking charge in Huntingdon, St Neots and St Ives should get voted out next time round or be given an immediate P45.
Two years ago the minimum charge was 50 pence. If this is change is introduced in February 2013 the minimum will be �1.20 – an increase of 140 per cent. Can they not see that all that will happen is cars will park in any side street they can find in Huntingdon and St Neots, and at the free park and ride in St Ives?
Or they will drive to supermarkets in Cambridge or Peterborough and local high streets will simply give up the ghost.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 9 Sawtry Village Academy support 'DOGTOBER' initiative
- 10 St Ives cocaine dealer is jailed