Park-and-ride service will drive me on-street
THE Saturday before last, there was a queue from the level of the Round House in Cambridge down to the bus stop waiting for the Madingley Road park-and-ride bus.
People had been waiting 45 minutes for a bus and, when one did arrive, it was so packed that it drove straight past. After that people decided to walk to Madingley P&R from Cambridge or take a �9 taxi.
This is deplorable as all of us had paid our return fare to Stagecoach.
This was not the first time I have experienced delays of this nature. Every time I go to Cambridge (once per month) I struggle to get a bus out to Madingley park-and-ride. Each time, I bump into people who have been waiting half an hour or longer.
I am going to start parking in the residential areas now and walk in. This will be quicker and cheaper than using the park-and-ride service.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 2 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 5 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 6 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 7 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 8 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in