Park-and-ride service will drive me on-street
THE Saturday before last, there was a queue from the level of the Round House in Cambridge down to the bus stop waiting for the Madingley Road park-and-ride bus.
People had been waiting 45 minutes for a bus and, when one did arrive, it was so packed that it drove straight past. After that people decided to walk to Madingley P&R from Cambridge or take a �9 taxi.
This is deplorable as all of us had paid our return fare to Stagecoach.
This was not the first time I have experienced delays of this nature. Every time I go to Cambridge (once per month) I struggle to get a bus out to Madingley park-and-ride. Each time, I bump into people who have been waiting half an hour or longer.
I am going to start parking in the residential areas now and walk in. This will be quicker and cheaper than using the park-and-ride service.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 5 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 6 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 9 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died
- 10 Huntingdon First says use local businesses where possible