Park-and-ride service will drive me on-street
THE Saturday before last, there was a queue from the level of the Round House in Cambridge down to the bus stop waiting for the Madingley Road park-and-ride bus.
People had been waiting 45 minutes for a bus and, when one did arrive, it was so packed that it drove straight past. After that people decided to walk to Madingley P&R from Cambridge or take a �9 taxi.
This is deplorable as all of us had paid our return fare to Stagecoach.
This was not the first time I have experienced delays of this nature. Every time I go to Cambridge (once per month) I struggle to get a bus out to Madingley park-and-ride. Each time, I bump into people who have been waiting half an hour or longer.
I am going to start parking in the residential areas now and walk in. This will be quicker and cheaper than using the park-and-ride service.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 5 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 Wildlife group wants to hear about grass snake sightings
- 10 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'