Park-and-ride pay-on-exit would fix St Ives bypass
WHY do the county councillors not understand that putting a bus stop in Station Road will only make for more traffic problems in St Ives?
People parking free in the park-and-ride and walking into St Ives will not pay to catch a bus into town. Surely, if the buses have transponders to change the traffic lights, it would be possible to ensure that the traffic lights do not change for pedestrians and cyclists within, say, three minutes of a bus needing to cross.
There have been many occasions when only four cars have crossed between a bus passing through and a pedestrian or cyclist crossing.
Alternatively, why not charge for parking and pay on exit, allowing the guided bus users to use their bus ticket instead of paying?
I am sure there are many ways of improving the situation if only the determination to do so is there
Mrs K A HEWITT
- 1 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 2 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 3 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 4 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 5 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 6 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 7 Workers take strike action at St Neots power station in pay dispute
- 8 Eynesbury Rovers U8s enjoy 'one of greatest seasons in Hunts history'
- 9 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 10 B1514 Brampton Road closure extended for Saturday