Park-and-ride pay-on-exit would fix St Ives bypass
WHY do the county councillors not understand that putting a bus stop in Station Road will only make for more traffic problems in St Ives?
People parking free in the park-and-ride and walking into St Ives will not pay to catch a bus into town. Surely, if the buses have transponders to change the traffic lights, it would be possible to ensure that the traffic lights do not change for pedestrians and cyclists within, say, three minutes of a bus needing to cross.
There have been many occasions when only four cars have crossed between a bus passing through and a pedestrian or cyclist crossing.
Alternatively, why not charge for parking and pay on exit, allowing the guided bus users to use their bus ticket instead of paying?
I am sure there are many ways of improving the situation if only the determination to do so is there
You may also want to watch:
Mrs K A HEWITT
- 1 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 2 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 3 Delays in Hartford due to crash between cyclist and motorist
- 4 Historic St Ives former grammar school site set for houses after £1m sale
- 5 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 6 New superintendent for Hunts is familiar face from TV crime documentary
- 7 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 8 Golf Day raises more than £800 for CamSight
- 9 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan
- 10 Parking spaces so narrow that driver had to climb out the boot!