Park-and-ride pay-on-exit would fix St Ives bypass
WHY do the county councillors not understand that putting a bus stop in Station Road will only make for more traffic problems in St Ives?
People parking free in the park-and-ride and walking into St Ives will not pay to catch a bus into town. Surely, if the buses have transponders to change the traffic lights, it would be possible to ensure that the traffic lights do not change for pedestrians and cyclists within, say, three minutes of a bus needing to cross.
There have been many occasions when only four cars have crossed between a bus passing through and a pedestrian or cyclist crossing.
Alternatively, why not charge for parking and pay on exit, allowing the guided bus users to use their bus ticket instead of paying?
I am sure there are many ways of improving the situation if only the determination to do so is there
You may also want to watch:
Mrs K A HEWITT
- 1 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 4 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 5 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 6 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 7 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 8 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 9 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 10 Memories of St Neots' town centre