Parents urged not to take children to Hinchingbrooke
PARENTS are being urged not to take their children to Hinchingbrooke Hospital in a bid to contain the spread of a highly infectious diarrhoea and vomiting virus. Willow and Cedar wards remain closed at the Huntingdon hospital after two new cases of the N
PARENTS are being urged not to take their children to Hinchingbrooke Hospital in a bid to contain the spread of a highly infectious diarrhoea and vomiting virus.
Willow and Cedar wards remain closed at the Huntingdon hospital after two new cases of the Norovirus were identified in the last 24 hours.
A spokesman for the hospital said on Thursday (December 6) they were dealing with six cases of the virus, which involved patients and staff.
Infection control measures mean visitors are not allowed into Willow or Cedar wards without prior permission from hospital staff.
The remaining wards will open daily for visiting from 7pm to 7.30pm and there is a limit of two visitors per patient per day. Visitors should be family members only and to stop the virus spreading through schools children should not visit the hospital.
Anyone considering attending the hospital's A&E department are asked to first contact NHS Direct or a GP.
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 6 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 7 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 8 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 9 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
Norovirus usually lasts for 12 to 60 hours and may start with the sudden onset of nausea followed by projectile vomiting and/or diarrhoea.
INFORMATION: Patients with scheduled admissions should call 01480 416056/416057.