Parents of sudden death Huntingdon man thank friends for their kindness
THE grieving parents of a Huntingdon man who died suddenly have thanked his friends for raising more than �1,000 for his baby daughter. Father of one Scott Harvey, 34, was found dead at a friend s house in Ambury Road, Huntingdon just after 2am on May
THE grieving parents of a Huntingdon man who died suddenly have thanked his friends for raising more than �1,000 for his baby daughter.
Father of one Scott Harvey, 34, was found dead at a friend's house in Ambury Road, Huntingdon just after 2am on May 12.
Police initially launched an investigation into the death, saying it was unexplained, but the case was later passed to the coroner's office.
An inquest into the death of the former Shelley Close resident was opened and adjourned on May 18, but the cause of death is still unknown.
You may also want to watch:
At his funeral service, which took place at Cambridge Crematorium on Tuesday, May 26, Scott's friends gave their messages of support and donations.
Scott's mother, Bobby Harvey, told The Hunts Post this week that she wanted to thank everyone for their kindness.
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 5 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 6 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 Wildlife group wants to hear about grass snake sightings
- 10 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
"My husband, Bob, Scott's sister, Sharon, myself and other close family members would like to thank everyone who made donations in memory of Scott at his funeral," she said. "We would also like to thank the donations that came from friends from afar and his former place of work, Myer's.
"More than �1,300 has been raised and money is still coming in. We are so grateful for all the donations, it is very touching to have raised so much money for Nicole in memory of her dad."
The money raised will go into a trust fund for 17-month-old Nicole.
Scott, a former St Peter's School pupil, was described by friends a "true gent" who "will always be remembered".