Parents’ £10,000 bill
EYNESBURY parents who set up a pre-school are facing a bill for £10,000 after a Lottery grant was withdrawn. Chatterbox Pre-School, based in Andrew Road, Eynesbury, closed in 2005 when it originally run out of money for a refurbishment, but was scheduled
EYNESBURY parents who set up a pre-school are facing a bill for £10,000 after a Lottery grant was withdrawn.
Chatterbox Pre-School, based in Andrew Road, Eynesbury, closed in 2005 when it originally run out of money for a refurbishment, but was scheduled to re-open in September.
Plans had been made for a £130,000 refurbishment of its premise, which this time was to be paid for with a Lottery grant.
However, the money was withdrawn after the pre-school failed to meet a deadline.
You may also want to watch:
Claire Savage, who has been chairman of the pre-school for three years, told The Hunts Post that this was the end of the line and the pre-school would never be able to re-open.
She said: "We did not know what we were doing. We are just parents who set up the group as volunteers to help the community and when we needed help no one was there. It turned into a bit of a shambles."
- 1 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 2 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 3 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 4 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Police warning after spate of thefts from cars in Warboys
- 7 Solar farm plan will have no impact on 'light, noise or smell'
- 8 Tickets on sale now for this summer's Shakespeare at the George
- 9 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 10 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
The pre-school, which was established 14 years ago, had a waiting list of 50 children expecting to join the school in September.
Instead, the school will remain closed and staff must find £10,000 to remove the old school building and clear the site as part of its original lease agreement.
To help raise the funds, all the assets of the pre-school are being auctioned off on Saturday, May 12, at the Andrew Road site.
INFORMATION: To make a donation to help clear the debt, phone Claire Savage on 01480 386579.